Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Nova to the track Thursday night with the 350 in place of my 414; Yawn. I guess it's not that bad considering what it is-.030 over 350, about 8.5-1 comp., stock heads, Crane hyd. cam(.454 lift)Performer RPM Airgap w/775cfm Demon RS(way too big)exhaust too big, converter too much,etc........
With jetting all out of whack(the only power valves I have are 3.5, 4, 4.5)
It puttered down at [email protected] mph in the 1/8. I re-installed the 600 cfm Edelbrock that came on the engine and it feels much stronger except for a massive bog from the torn up accelerator pump plunger--This Thursday I'll give it another try with the carb dialed in.
I obviously didn't win the wheelie contest with my 1.71 60 ft. It was really painful to watch the contest--The highest car was about 6 inches!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
For such a mild motor to run in the mid to low 8's shows how well your car is set up in my opinion.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Everything is relative.. You’re not running bad at all. When I line up against a really fast car, I feel like I aien't moving. I raced a guy last year, we both cut "teen" lights, he left me so hard when I looked down I was in the "Your **** is ready to explode" RPM...

Last Wed when I ran, I was off by 3-4 tenths, I felt like I was retarded... Felt like I could have gotten out and pushed faster...

Everything is relative. There no end, faster breeds the desire to go faster

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I bet you guys seem AWFUL fast compared to my little 307....

Kev (Those are some good times for essentially a smogger 350)

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For such a mild motor to run in the mid to low 8's shows how well your car is set up in my opinion
It wasn't as bad as I expected, but the 60 fts were slower than what I was guessing. On the street it felt real good out of the hole, then layed down--at the track it felt lazy then got better at mid-track.
I removed the Demon and re-installed the 600 Edelbrock which feels much stronger now except for the hesitation when the secondaries open(still playing with jets/metering rods/pump shot) If the weather holds out I'm hoping for better e.t.'s this Thursday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts