Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying the Smith racecraft bolt on front end. Just looking for feed back!
I'm building a 72 for True Street ,Drag radial, and outlaw 8.5 that I would like to be competetive with against the Mustangs and newer Camaro's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a friend that has one on his Camaro, it looks like a real nice quality setup. But... If you're wanting to run those classes you had better check the rule book closely and/or check to make sure it's legal for your class.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Your talking to the owner of one now. I am in the process of putting it all together now.

Bought the frame, motor plates, rack & pinion and steering arms from them. It would be wise to do the same.

I am using the stock control arms and springs and shocks and spindles I already have.

This product is great.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Frame was $1595.00 with mid plate. Front Plate is $159.00 and rack is $269.00. Arms are $189.00 but they are giving me 15% off.

This stuff works great

·
Registered
810 Posts
You have to space the pullies out. Not a big deal and the converter is done the same with a kit for $25.00.

You should have a converter made for a mid-plate but the kit is good for 600 to 700 hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
505Nova said:
I have a friend that has one on his Camaro, it looks like a real nice quality setup. But... If you're wanting to run those classes you had better check the rule book closely and/or check to make sure it's legal for your class.
If this piece is not legal for all classes, It should be!! All this does is even the playing field for us against the newer strut cars! Everthing is in stock location, even the motor!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
69gofast said:
I never have messed with motor plates, how do you keep pulleys and the torque converter lined up correctly with those?

I've been running a b&m quick 60 converter for 3 years now, and they come with a spacer kit for 3 different plate thicknesses. Been well over 1000hp on a nos 555 with no problems at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
RNU4PNKS said:
If this piece is not legal for all classes, It should be!! All this does is even the playing field for us against the newer strut cars! Everthing is in stock location, even the motor!
No argument there... However you'd better check, not everyone will see it that way...

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
We have alot of 10.5 outlaw cars around here. It is just stupid to have rules that require a stock firewall and front frame rails with what people are doing today. Skip Hambright just built my buddy a Camaro 10.5 outlaw car and it is as trick as they come but it cost lots more than a full chassis car due to having to work the front rails and firewall in to be legal. All said and done this is a full chassis chrome moly twin rail Pro Mod with a small part of a stock firewall and a few feet of front frame rail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts