Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think similar questions about this have been brought up but I couldn't find anything specific on my typical question so will make a new thread. I finally got doors from Duanenova here on the site and new fenders as well. I pretty much have all of the rust issues solved by having new patch panels, new fenders, doors, etc. I am taking the car to the blasters in about 3 weeks to get it all media blasted inside and out and put into epoxy primer and up on a rotiseri for bedliner underneath. Anyways, the bolts I have are rusted and some are good. Instead of messing with them and blasting them I want to just buy a complete bolt kit with everything to bolt the doors on, the hinges, tailgate, inner fenders and outter fenders. I'm no so worried about bumper bolts right now since bumpers are going to be one of the last things I do.
Does anyone know of a kit with complete fender, doors and tailgate bolts, washer and nuts? Where is the best place to buy these from? I guess I might as well get the felt, rubber and such for the inner fenders, cowl to hood, doors and tailgate as well.
From what I priced up, it seems I am going to spend well over $1,000 for new rubber, felt, and bolts for the 4 doors, fenders, inners, tailgate and around the glass and windsheild.
Thanks a lot for any info and help!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I think similar questions about this have been brought up but I couldn't find anything specific on my typical question so will make a new thread. I finally got doors from Duanenova here on the site and new fenders as well. I pretty much have all of the rust issues solved by having new patch panels, new fenders, doors, etc. I am taking the car to the blasters in about 3 weeks to get it all media blasted inside and out and put into epoxy primer and up on a rotiseri for bedliner underneath. Anyways, the bolts I have are rusted and some are good. Instead of messing with them and blasting them I want to just buy a complete bolt kit with everything to bolt the doors on, the hinges, tailgate, inner fenders and outter fenders. I'm no so worried about bumper bolts right now since bumpers are going to be one of the last things I do.
Does anyone know of a kit with complete fender, doors and tailgate bolts, washer and nuts? Where is the best place to buy these from? I guess I might as well get the felt, rubber and such for the inner fenders, cowl to hood, doors and tailgate as well.
From what I priced up, it seems I am going to spend well over $1,000 for new rubber, felt, and bolts for the 4 doors, fenders, inners, tailgate and around the glass and windsheild.
Thanks a lot for any info and help!
pretty much all of the suppliers have bolt kits.i've never seen one wagon specific though.paddock has a master body kit(part# 64nb) that's 364 pieces for $180 and a master chassis kit(part# 64nssb) 440 pieces for $280.with these 2 kits you should have everything but the tailgate bolts,and maybe the rear doors.
you can also buy smaller kits like front end kits,interior kits,etc..
i just got all new weatherstriping for my 64 wagon. i'm right at $1000 for everything except the front windshield.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah this stuff gets expensive for the little bolts and rubber peices which I knew. That is why when we did restorations and told customers the outrageous prices to fix rust, body work, paint and assemble the cars with new chrome, trim, glass and seals, etc they would flip out on the price just for the hardware such as bolts, nuts, washers, bushings, etc.
These are things that I am planning for because I know all the clips and interior screws I will need are going to cost a lot as well even though I do have all of them but they are not all the right sizes or the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts