Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

Over the weekend I was talking to a friend of mine and he said many parts off of a 91-97 (could be wrong about the years) s10 could be easily swapped onto my 64. He mentioned the engine, transmission, and steering components could be swapped over.

Is he right? Which front end components could be taken off and swapped in easily? Anyone have experience or photos? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I know some of the people on the board are using s-10 rearends in their novas. I have one that I am putting in as well but it is not a quick easy bolt in. As far as I know, none of the front suspension parts bolt in either. I believe there is some front disc brake kits on the market that use s-10 discs and calipers so maybe that's what he was referring to.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Using S-10 rearend in 1st gen

I know some of the people on the board are using s-10 rearends in their novas. I believe there is some front disc brake kits on the market that use s-10 discs and calipers so maybe that's what he was referring to.
Yes, the S-10 disc setup is used in a lot in conversion kits as the rotors and possibly the calipers are smaller.

I just bought 4 S-10 rims to use when I change from 4 lug to 5 lug. They are 14x6 with 3 1/2" back spacing. I am hoping this will allow me to keep using my SS hubcaps.

I would be very interested in what is required to put a S-10 rear end in my 63.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The front rotors should work for a disc swap depending on what brake kit you go with. The rest of the front suspension and steering would not work with out custom one off everything. S10 has a front steering set up and would not work with a rear steer set up that the nova has. A 3rd or 4th Gen could use more of the parts I think. You can use the rear end out of the s10. It is a great swap. Its a little narrower. I used subframe connectors and moved my leaf springs in about 2in in the front and made some offset 1/2 in spacers for the rear hangers. The springs ended up being the same width as the stock spring perches on the s10 rear end. just added a shim to set the pinion angle. I have some experience because I took everything off my s10 and put it in my wagon, engine, trans, rear end. Have been through both cars I would say other that brakes and the rear end there isn't much that can be easily swapped. Good luck. You might want to search out tuckin20, he has a thread about putting in an s10 rear end.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The front rotors should work for a disc swap depending on what brake kit you go with. The rest of the front suspension and steering would not work with out custom one off everything. S10 has a front steering set up and would not work with a rear steer set up that the nova has. A 3rd or 4th Gen could use more of the parts I think. You can use the rear end out of the s10. It is a great swap. Its a little narrower. I used subframe connectors and moved my leaf springs in about 2in in the front and made some offset 1/2 in spacers for the rear hangers. The springs ended up being the same width as the stock spring perches on the s10 rear end. just added a shim to set the pinion angle. I have some experience because I took everything off my s10 and put it in my wagon, engine, trans, rear end. Have been through both cars I would say other that brakes and the rear end there isn't much that can be easily swapped. Good luck. You might want to search out tuckin20, he has a thread about putting in an s10 rear end.

I have read somewhere that you could just swap the s-10 spindles from side to side and make them rear steer? Thoughts? What about tire offset?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts