Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1966 Nova SS 2 dr HT that I’m finally going to start building but the quarters and wheel housings were cut to fit bigger tires at some point. I was originally going to replace the complete quarters with AMD parts but was told they’re all made in China and the body lines aren’t the same. Looking for recommendations on which way to go. Replace only what’s needed and salvage the original panels or replace the entire quarters? Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't remember who makes/sells them But you can buy just the wheel well area.

·
Registered
210 Posts
66in707,

I too have a 66HT, the left quarter ahead of the wheel is in bad shape and needs to be replaced, also the door skin is mangled so I also need sheet metal. I haven't bought them yet but I did buy an off brand patch panel that went from the helpline down. Had a sticker said made in Canada.

Body lines were horrible, the space around the wheel well was around 3/4" where the factory is about 5/8". I couldn't use it at all, so I wouldn't buy an off brand.

Wish I could tell you for sure how the name brand stuff fits, but I will be following this thread as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66in707,

I too have a 66HT, the left quarter ahead of the wheel is in bad shape and needs to be replaced, also the door skin is mangled so I also need sheet metal. I haven't bought them yet but I did buy an off brand patch panel that went from the helpline down. Had a sticker said made in Canada.

Body lines were horrible, the space around the wheel well was around 3/4" where the factory is about 5/8". I couldn't use it at all, so I wouldn't buy an off brand.

Wish I could tell you for sure how the name brand stuff fits, but I will be following this thread as well.
Thank you for the heads up, I’ll make sure to avoid purchasing that one. I’m leaning towards quarter skins.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I put two full quarters on my 67 from Dynacorn, they fit perfect all the way back until the rear body where they stuck out about a half inch to much, they looked exactly like the oem ones that were on the car, could never figure out the differance, had to cut 1/2 inch of the rear body and they fit perfect, i would use them again. this was 3 years ago. 8.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
I put two full quarters on my 67 from Dynacorn, they fit perfect all the way back until the rear body where they stuck out about a half inch to much, they looked exactly like the oem ones that were on the car, could never figure out the differance, had to cut 1/2 inch of the rear body and they fit perfect, i would use them again. this was 3 years ago. View attachment 406138
Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put two full quarters on my 67 from Dynacorn, they fit perfect all the way back until the rear body where they stuck out about a half inch to much, they looked exactly like the oem ones that were on the car, could never figure out the differance, had to cut 1/2 inch of the rear body and they fit perfect, i would use them again. this was 3 years ago. View attachment 406138
That turned out beautiful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts