Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get the nova back on the road, and while i have some extra cash i figured I'd order the body mount bushings Part # CEE-3027 at SummitRacing.com... They are sold in a set of 6. I know driver side and passanger side where the frame meets core support, and where the frame ends (right under driver/passenger seats) but where is the other set?
And while were on the subject... what exactly is the purpose of the bushings? to just protect metal on metal? or is there more to it?

·
Registered
857 Posts
1 pair goes right under the firewall. The energy bushings I got had the placement wrong in the instructions. If you have trouble hanging the front fenders, you may need to rearrange or shim them until the gap by the door lines up. On the first try, my fenders had an inch and a half gap at the bottom between the door & fender. I swaped the rad support & firewall bushings & added 1 washer under the firewall & the fenders went right into place.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ It is a daily driver, If i remember right the polyurathane bushings from classicindustries was like 140 bucks, because they sale a whole set of bushings with it... the summit ones are only 40 dollars for the set i actually need... which leads me to 2 questions... what exactly do the bushings do? and anyone know where to get a good set cheap? cause it doesnt look like i'll be buying from classicindustries.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The bushings act kind of like a shock absorber. they soak up some of the vibration caused by the engine running and everyday driving. If the weren't there it would feel like riding in a grain truck! They also give you a little flexibility, the bushings will give a little so your body doesn't!

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
I used these

This company is excellent to deal with, I have placed several orders. The ES products can be purchased at many places, their customer service makes them outstanding.

Here is a photo of them installed.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info RRoberts, I wasnt too sure what the purpose of them were... they all were so worn out, and thats probably why the ride was so stiff before i parked it.. It seemed like the front would hit kinda hard going over bumps... lets hope this helps :)
And thanks Phillip, I will be sure to order the set from energy suspension... alittle more $$ but would be better than the race ones from summit (comfortability wise)

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
All my front end parts (except the QA1 coil overs) came from them. Anytime there was a problem, like when I checked the wrong box :eek:, they contacted me to resolve it right away. Great company and great prices.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It also seems like its a good time to buy from them Phillip, everythings marked down...$40 off the bushings :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the website Philip... Just finished putting my order through :) It feels good to make progress on this project!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
ok

another thing everybody can do. in the future is. find what energy suspension bushings you need. on there web site take the number to a autozone. if you have one in town. and they can have them usually in a couple of days. w no shipping costs. at a very competive price. advance auto as well i think. through there keystone line. i get almost all my high performance stuff from them. w no shipping costs. and usually faster than mail order. you will be amazed w they can get for u. if u get someone who works there. who willing to take the time to find the stuff for u. i like to think of those places as my own little personal summit or jegs. five seconds up the road from my house.

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
I am 35 miles from town, if something needs ordered it means 2 trips. Mail order is usually cheaper and easier for me. My UPS driver tries to guess what comes in all the boxes based on size and weight plus the stage the car is in. He makes me the last stop of the day so we can BS a bit and look at the car.

I have a NAPA store only 18 miles away and they have been real good on ordering some of the parts purchased for the Nova. Since I have an account with them a phone call places the order and one trip to pick the parts up isn't too bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts