Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new body mount bushing kit for my 75. The ones on the body were so destroyed it was hard to tell some of the original parts and their configuration. Does anyone have info on installing the new kit. ie which parts go where? What torque specs to use. The kit is the original body kit from OER, not a performance kit. I thought it might come with installation instructions but it did not. I scoured the internet but could not find anything for this kit. Even if someone snapped a few pics of each mounting setup on their own car, it would be very helpful. The part #s I have in the kit are:

The kit did not come with new hardware, so I am trying to figure that out as well. For course the hardware was completely destroyed as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,047 Posts
I've attached a scan from a 1976 Chevrolet service manual that should help. It shows how the bushings (GM calls them cushions) are positioned in relation to the subframe & underbody and also shows the bolt torque specs.

According to the GM parts catalogs, the part numbers on the bushings / cushions correspond to the mount #'s in the service manual as follows:

356514 = #3 lower
356515 = #2 lower
348080 = #1 lower (I think, the catalog doesn't specify upper or lower on this one)
356513 = #3 upper
494515 = #1 upper
356549 = #2 upper

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've attached a scan from a 1976 Chevrolet service manual that should help. It shows how the bushings (GM calls them cushions) are positioned in relation to the subframe & underbody and also shows the bolt torque specs.

According to the GM parts catalogs, the part numbers on the bushings / cushions correspond to the mount #'s in the service manual as follows:

356514 = #3 lower
356515 = #2 lower
348080 = #1 lower (I think, the catalog doesn't specify upper or lower on this one)
356513 = #3 upper
494515 = #1 upper
356549 = #2 upper
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts

356514 = #3 lower
356515 = #2 lower
356513 = #3 upper
494515 = #1 upper
356549 = #2 upper
Thanks, this helped me too. Doing cushions on a 75 Omega sedan.

*Warning if you are using the hardware kit from OER, sold by Classic Industries, the middle bolt is too short and the front bolt has no shoulder. I used the original bolts for those two. The rear bolt barely was long enough and it worked. It's a good thing because, one of my rear bolts was missing! The different shoulder is not a big deal but their bolt for the front is also thicker and tighter to squeeze into position. The original was clean and good condition so I stuck with it. The middle bolt, forget it, too short, what a hassle getting it in with barely a thread to start. Here you can see it is about 3/4 inch difference. It makes all the difference when bolting up. The new one in the middle position simply will not reach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts