Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Very nice build that you have going on there! You are doing a very good job.
Thank you. I hope that you are enjoying the build. I went to visit the car today and found that Ron, my bodyman, had installed the NOS door hinges that I brought him this past weekend. The front fender gaps are being adjusted to perfection. Once he is satisfied with the fitment of the doors and front clip, he will move to the trunk area. He's an artist! BTW, today I ordered a full trunk pan, left and right drop-offs, and a full tail light panel from GM Classics. The NOS rear quarter panels will be going on in about two months.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
As the paint is being taken off by sanding/blasting, rust issues are coming to light. I was surprised, and concerned, by the rust under the edge of the trunk lid and the front windshield channel. But my body man said that if you have rust issues, this was the kind to have as it is rust from the outside in and not from the inside out. It is all repairable. It makes sense to me and I feel better about it. Both rear quarter panel wheel openings and outer wheel wells were absolutely butchered by the previous owner. I don't know what he was thinking. Fortunately, I have NOS rear quarters on hand to take care of this. I have a new trunk floor, tail light panel, trunk drop-offs, and outer wheel wells ordered and I should be taking delivery this week. What do you think of the progress so far?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
New floor, drop-offs, tail panel and outer wheel housings have arrived. The passenger door speaker hole and the rusted area under the lower door panel stainless trim is being repaired via doner part from a 67 door. Part of the quarter panels have been cut out in order to learn what's underneath. Nothing unexpected found there. Next is welding in cross bracing to stiffen the body before cutting the bad quarter panels off. Moving right along with the build.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still tearing it down. Pulled the 383 stroker out and will not reuse. Notice the red silicone used to hold the roof/window weatherstrip on. You can see the difference in the current paint color and the original Lemonwood yellow in pictures 427 and 429.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just finished my 66 y y nut / bolt restoration and 500 miles later I was rear end by someone not 👀
😖

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great to see the progress... never know what you’re going to find when you start removing paint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I just finished my 66 y y nut / bolt restoration and 500 miles later I was rear end by someone not 👀
😖 View attachment 408119 View attachment 408119 View attachment 408120
😖 View attachment 408119 View attachment 408119 View attachment 408120
That makes me sick looking at that! It's still a beautiful car. Is the paint base coat clear coat?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts