Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i use a weiand 144 blower [made for ford] on a weiand 142 intake for a small block chevy?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only real question here is, Will the 144 blower bolt up to your 142 Manifold? If it will then you are good to go. The 144 Blower could care less if its a Ford or a Chevy making it go round.

Roland

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i need to know.i know it will work but,will it bolt up to the 142manifold?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did a little checking around and it seems it "MAY" not fit. You will need to check with Weiand to know for sure but here is what I found out.

Part Number for the Weiand 144 Supercharger---- 90580

Part Number for the Weiand 142 Supercharger---- 6110win

Both of these part # are for the respective blower on a Small Block Chevy Engine.

Good Luck Roland

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
A little background; Hollely bought both weiand and b&m's supercharger line.
They sell service parts for both but I think they've dropped the b&m line.
I have a b&m 144 and some literature. The unit designed for a ford has a longer drive snout than a sbc; over 2" longer compared to one designed for a lwp sbc.
Also from what I can tell the ford units had an offset drive snout. A sbc unit has the snout offset to the driver side while the ford is offset to the pass. side and "upwards" to clear the distributor.
With enough effort you can make anything fit but I doubt it will be a simple bolt on.
Maybe of interest; b6m made an adpater that allowed you to bolt one of their mini blowers onto a 4bbl intake. I've seen them on ebay occasionally.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put a 90's ford 6-71 blower on my Chevy 383.. I had my engine guy fabricate a simple plate to fit the Weiand Chevy 6-71 blower manifold and drill it out for the blower to bolt into that.. I think if you know a good machine shop you can do pretty much anything.. Its just a matter of how much of a pain in the *** all the extra modifications will be..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts