Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plastidipped(yesterday) rear bumper to match black front fiberglass bumper. Also installed my new rear support cover this morning.

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks nice. How long will the coating stay on the bumper?
Thanks, I am going to leave it like that and see how long it lasts. Going to take the front bumper and work a couple of small areas with fiberglass and probably paint it this spring. I like the black with this green car and black vinyl top along with the black side molding.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Why didn't you chrome the front one?

·
Registered
489 Posts
My vote is PlastiDip is cheaper than Chroming & if you don't like it.... PEEL IT OFF! LOL!!

Looks good

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why didn't you chrome the front one?
Front one is fiberglass. Figured I would leave it black to see if I liked it before I paint it one day. Either paint it black or silver. Probably black since I did the rear one and I like it.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Front one is fiberglass. Figured I would leave it black to see if I liked it before I paint it one day. Either paint it black or silver. Probably black since I did the rear one and I like it.
I agree with the black, the silver tends to look like banded aid chrome.

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with the black, the silver tends to look like banded aid chrome.
Can the fiberglass be chromed? If so wonder how much it would cost?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Can the fiberglass be chromed? If so wonder how much it would cost?
Yes, it's a vacuum process, recently it has been improved. I'm not certain on the cost though.

There is also the spray on chrome, but I've only seen it on the net and I'm not sure who does it or what the cost is.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Me likey! But you're opening a big can o worms here. Take some black electrical tape and go around the tail light trim and see how that looks you can always pull the tape off if you don't like it. RICK

·
Registered
407 Posts
im sold on the stuff, armor all has there product too

plasti dip could be a gettaway drivers dream come true. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts