Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to black out all my window trim, door handles and mirrors on my 66 Nova. Does anybody know where I can purchase black trim? Or is it one of those things that I have to get powdered coated? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
203 Posts
You will have to powder coat or prime/paint it. Coating it is the easy part...getting it all back on the car without chipping or scratching it is the time consuming part. Just take your time and be patient!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I plan on getting some plastidip in a can and spraying mine in the next week. Aaronb did it that way and his turned out pretty good....he posted some pics on this thread https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658815 . Only issue with spraying them with the plastidip is that you need to remove and re-apply every six months to maintain the ability of easily peeling it off. But on the plus side, this gives you the option of going back to the chrome look pretty easily if desired.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used SEM trim black on my 66 on all the chrome pieces. Not plasti dip. I scuffed everything up with 80 grit sandpaper. Used an epoxy primer, filler primer then paint. The trim around the windows was left on the car .I taped everything off around the body and the windshield seal.
It's holding up good so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is gorgeous. Awesome car.
How are you liking those led tail lights?
Thank you! The led tail lights are great. Those are actually custom lens with just LED bulbs. But they are very bright.

Killer ride man!
Thanks!

I have more pics to come soon once the interior is finished in 2 or 3 weeks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I painted all my trim a dark grey (don't have any pics) but I did have to touch up some once I put it on the car. Not a huge deal and you cant really tell. Just light sanding, a primer, and then the paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts