Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I was wondering on the black plate deal, do they have to be the right year . or can you put a set on any car. If they are clear from the dmv computer? I really want to put a set on my 67:yes:. Is this going to raise the price of them or lower the price. also what is a set worth? thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Hey! I was wondering on the black plate deal, do they have to be the right year . or can you put a set on any car. If they are clear from the dmv computer? I really want to put a set on my 67:yes:. Is this going to raise the price of them or lower the price. also what is a set worth? thanks for your help guys.
Steve,

in my opinion, you should get the correct plates for 67. Depending on your cars build date it should have plates starting with T or U

I don't think the DMV cares if they are correct, but according to everyone who has done it so far, you need a 67 sticker to go with the plate.

Nice pairs from the guys that sell them are about $200-300. If you get lucky and find them from someone random selling them I'm sure you can get them for less. just got to be patient.

My uncle had mine hanging in his garage. I traded him some earlier plates for them.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
My 67 had "Y" plate on it when I bought it back in 91 and I believe it was the original plate.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Living in Merced Ca...My wife went to the DMV this morning and found nothing but complete idiot's working there...Nobody knew a dam n thing about black plates..........Why do I live in a town full of :turn::turn::turn:????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Black Plates on 1967

I bought my 1967 with black plates that start with an A. I registered them last year with no problem. I was not required to have 1967 sticker. Good luck with the DMV and be patient.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I bought my 1967 with black plates that start with an A. I registered them last year with no problem. I was not required to have 1967 sticker. Good luck with the DMV and be patient.
Yes, your car already had the Blate plates. Most of these questions relate to the new law starting on July 1st 2009. It is called Y.O.M. Year Of Manufacture. This law will allow you to register a Black plate for a 1963 to 1969 car.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I thought it was common knowledge that the people at dmv are there for your inconvenience and that they just want your life to be more frustrating

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
You go to three different DMV's. Ask all three the same Question. You will get three different answers. Then, I pick the best and easiest answer and I go to that DMV.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I may have a set available with a 67 sticker attached to it ,plate #UQA ***

this is the original plate reg to my car in 67 (was a Texas car)
I have a set that starts with a C for the correct year of the car ('63)but need to make sure they are clear first :yes:
how do I do that, is there a # to call :confused:

·
Registered
535 Posts
i may have a set available with a 67 sticker attached to it ,plate #uqa ***

this is the original plate reg to my car in 67 (was a texas car)
i have a set that starts with a c for the correct year of the car ('63)but need to make sure they are clear first :yes:
How do i do that, is there a # to call :confused:
(800) 777-0133

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I called and the plates are still registered ...how long does it take for dmv to process a title taken out of the system :confused:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I called and the plates are still registered ...how long does it take for dmv to process a title taken out of the system :confused:
I have heard that it may take five or seven years to be "not in the system." Don't have a cop run the plate numbers, it might enter it back in to the system. So I've heard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts