Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My persimmon metallic (ORANGE) 75 Nova SS came with a white lower stripe and white Nova SS decals, but the original owner went with a cream repaint and gaudy custom SS marks.

Question is, should I retore it to original white accents, or would it kick *** with a black lower strip and black Nova SS decals against the orange?

THANKS!

·
Registered
821 Posts
You've been hitting it hard with that Nova, I've enjoyed your updates on it, it's looking good! I really feel strongly about this - I know you got rid of the previous pinstripes, and other than those, I have always really liked the paint scheme on your Nova - the Burnt Orange with cream is a very nice look. The white or black will really cheapen the car and look like nothing more than paint stripe add ons - the cream gives it a very classy look and really complements the Burnt Orange color. I seriously would not change that color AT ALL.....but I would still lower the car!:devil: Anyway, keep having fun with it whatever you decide!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I agree. The cream works with the orange. The white would be tooo much. Too bright. Black would make it look like Halloween. Black only works with light colors, IMO.
I like the look. When you posted wat back when, I thought you wanted to get rid of the pinstripes. Then it was suggested you take them down. Buff them out. I seem to remember seeing a post that said something like, the pinstripe color was sunk into the Cooper. I would have redone the pinstripes with a Burnt Copper lightened up maybe two shades.
Don't lower it, jack it up. Do a straight axle. Just kidding. :D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have to agree with the above post^^^^...I like the cream on that color.

Suggestion: Have someone or your self do a photoshop in white and black to see if you like it....:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback- you guys have been right on so far.

The picture doesn't show it, but I have started carefully removing the custom pinstripes with Easy-Off. Haven't compounded the shadows completely out yet due to the Jersey winter, but I tried a little 3M cleaner wax and it almost completely removed the ghosts, so I am expecting the full buff job will get it done pretty well.

You guys won't like this, but I am completely committed to returning the car to a factory look, which means the cream color has to go. Build sheet says it was white, but black was an option.

I was thinking that the orange/ black combo might give it a look similar to the classic Hemi cars.

To help me decide, I am going to make up a mock lower stripe/ decal in both white and black to see how it would look. I'll send pictures for your input when I get it done.

Siva64- I value your opinion, so I did drop the air shock pressure by 50% and it looks better already. I'll try dropping more in the Spring. By the way, what's the best way to lower the front end? Is there a shock adjustment available?

THANKS, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts