Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Billet Specialties Street Lite wheels? Wondering about finish and appearance on Gen 1's . I'm looking to put them on my 63. 15x7 on front with 4.50 BS and 15x8 on rear with 5.50 BS. I have full CBR on front with rack and CBR 4 link on rear, no mini tub. Anyone have comments or pics ? Thanks:canada:

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Anyone running Billet Specialties Street Lite wheels? Wondering about finish and appearance on Gen 1's . I'm looking to put them on my 63. 15x7 on front with 4.50 BS and 15x8 on rear with 5.50 BS. I have full CBR on front with rack and CBR 4 link on rear, no mini tub. Anyone have comments or pics ? Thanks:canada:
I have several sets including comp 5’s
They’re nice.for the rear I do not think you can run bigger than 15x7 with 4.5bs on first gen with stick tubs. If you have wilwoods you can use their center caps. I don’t run the streetlite caps either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't used them on a Nova but i have ran them on several other cars and they are a very nice quality product. Not only nice wheels but they make tons of other nice parts as well.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Street Lite

Not a Gen 1 but hope it helps

I love my rims wasnt sure when i first purchased but once on the car i love them.

They are 8 years old and still like new BS quality is second to NONE the shop is about 15 minutes from my house ...if your come to Chicago they have a show room with all the goodies.

I can find more pictures if you like, mine are 17 X 7

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a Gen 1 but hope it helps

I love my rims wasnt sure when i first purchased but once on the car i love them.

They are 8 years old and still like new BS quality is second to NONE the shop is about 15 minutes from my house ...if your come to Chicago they have a show room with all the goodies.

I can find more pictures if you like, mine are 17 X 7

Ya I really like them! 17 s look good, might think about switching?

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
888 Posts
I thought I read with the CBR front you had to use at least 17" wheels. Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sorry those are the street smart not street lite.So I doubt your interested lol.They are 17/11/5.5bs,with 315/35 Nitto tires,DSE mini tub into the frame,with a Dutchman 9" 370 gears curtesy from Tim/Ibuildum.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry those are the street smart not street lite.So I doubt your interested lol.They are 17/11/5.5bs,with 315/35 Nitto tires,DSE mini tub into the frame,with a Dutchman 9" 370 gears curtesy from Tim/Ibuildum.
No I really like those rims also and love the tire width but I really dont want to do a tub job and like so many others I'm trying to get what I can in stock wheel tub. I did do the 4 link so I got a bit of extra room . Thanks for the info

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I run the 17s. Nice wheels and light.
I only get a brief look at the images and then they disappear? Not sure whats up but I really like what I see. can you try again to send pics or pm me? thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With a disc brake upgrade you typically need 17's or bigger to clear the calipers.
I am currently running 195-60-15 on my 63 SS with 6" American TT with 3.25" BS. Full CBR front suspension and disc brake conversion. No caliper issues and has a slight rub on drivers fender only when I back up! Maybe with a large 4 piston caliper you would need 17's?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts