Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend to many in the nova community has embarked on an unusual journey....... he's built a very cool 1966 nova ss convertible.
his name is Menno,but many people know him as BIGFOOT....
he's just dropped this off to my shop for paint.here's some pictures as it's arrived.

COMPLETE WITH 66 DASHBOARD TOO...

HERE'S THE MAN....."MENNO'S HIS NAME, AND NOVAS ARE HIS GAME"

OH YEAH.....I'M 6'3" 285LBS AND I CAN STAND UP JUST FINE ON MY SIZE 10 SHOES(my foot is the one on the right)....MENNO IS ABOUT MY SIZE,BUT IS THERE ANY QUESTION WHY THEY CALL HIM "BIGFOOT" ?!?!?:D

i hope you enjoy the pic's.
leftcoast carl.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
That is hella cool,I wonder if he will have it back together by Mini-Nats?He always makes the long haul down to California for it or at least as long as I can remember.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is hella cool,I wonder if he will have it back together by Mini-Nats?He always makes the long haul down to California for it or at least as long as I can remember.
he's already talking about selling it,but like most of us,he's a better buyer than a seller:D:rolleyes:
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Carl,

Did he start with a 62 frame/body and put the 66 skins on it? Or did he start with a 66 and put the top (and other necessary parts) in it? I'm doing one of these conversions too, and I am just curious which way he did it. Looks KILLER!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carl,

Did he start with a 62 frame/body and put the 66 skins on it? Or did he start with a 66 and put the top (and other necessary parts) in it? I'm doing one of these conversions too, and I am just curious which way he did it. Looks KILLER!!!!
this was a rusty 63 ragtop.
he has re-skinned the whole car with the leftovers from several 66's he's acquired over the years.in fact we were laughing out loud today because there are parts from 3 different L79 cars in that 'vert now:eek::D:devil:.....
the dash conversion is what will really set this particular creation apart in my opinion.
if you want to talk to him directly,i can give you his home phone number by P.M..
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
this was a rusty 63 ragtop.
he has re-skinned the whole car with the leftovers from several 66's he's acquired over the years.in fact we were laughing out loud today because there are parts from 3 different L79 cars in that 'vert now:eek::D:devil:.....
the dash conversion is what will really set this particular creation apart in my opinion.
if you want to talk to him directly,i can give you his home phone number by P.M..
leftcoast carl.
Thanks Carl!! But I'd hate to see what my phone bill would be if I called up there!!! YIKES!!!

I can't wait to see his done!! It's kinda cool that he swapped the dash out with the 66 dash, because I'm doing all of this the opposite way that he did. I'm using my 66 to put the 62 vert parts into, and I'm going to also swap out my 66 dash with a 62 dash. I'm also going to put a 67 front end on mine, I don't know, there's just something I like about the 67 front end on a vert.

There's a good friend of mine on here, 1966RAT, who is doing a 67 convertible project. It's a roller right now, basically all in the E-coat, has a CW clip, TCI 4 link rear, VERY cool. I got to see it this spring in Myrtle Beach, and I basically fell in love!! I honestly think these conversions make the BEST looking cars ever.

Later, and thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Those second gen converts are everywhere. I just saw one here in Myrtle Beach.

·
0 Posts
Tell BIG FOOT to get down here for the mini-nats....... It's just not the same without him..

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Dom's car is going to be AWESOME!!! Don't ya think?
Oh Yeah! Currently awesome and gonna be super awesome when finished. I am very impressed with the amount of commitment it takes to transform these cars into rag tops. Really enjoyed the time spent with him. Learned a lot about the innards of even my hardtop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts