Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a rare find

pretty rare though ,, if its a forged large journal 327 ,, even more rare ,, the heads and intake are worth what he's asking ,, if i was out there i'd get that for sure

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Had a Big Journal 327

I had an "early" 1969 Camaro with a big journal 327 and a powerglide. Pulled the glide, dropped in a M-21 and some 4:11 posi and did some high 13 second times at Baylands Raceway in Fremont. The car was stock, stock stock.

Boy that engine would rev.:yes:

James

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
All large journal factory 327's were forged cranks and probably from a vette. If it is a cast crank like this one looks like then it was a 307 crank. Same stroke 3.25".

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
All large journal factory 327's were forged cranks and probably from a vette. If it is a cast crank like this one looks like then it was a 307 crank. Same stroke 3.25".
Ryan are you sure about this? I was always told that all small journal 327 cranks were forged and all large journal 327 cranks were nodular iron. not ever seeing one in person I really don't know:confused::confused:http://www.ajgeneral.com/chevy_crankshaft_casting_numbers/

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Ryan are you sure about this? I was always told that all small journal 327 cranks were forged and all large journal 327 cranks were nodular iron. not ever seeing one in person I really don't know:confused::confused:http://www.ajgeneral.com/chevy_crankshaft_casting_numbers/
Joe, remember that 327 I sold to your buddy with the Impala? That had a forged large journal 327 crank in it. I was told they are very rare and only from a hipo 327 like a 350 hp vette motor. That is what I was told about where the crank was from maybe i am wrong about that but I am positive that was a forged crank.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I had an "early" 1969 Camaro with a big journal 327 and a powerglide. Pulled the glide, dropped in a M-21 and some 4:11 posi and did some high 13 second times at Baylands Raceway in Fremont. The car was stock, stock stock.

Boy that engine would rev.:yes:

James

Wasn't the 210hp 2-bbl engine the only 327 available in a '69 Camaro? If so, that is impressive for a low cr 2-bbl engine.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts