Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your opinions guys. I'm not as happy with the paint job on my car as I was with the purple 71. I want the guy that did the 71 to do my 68. He will over the winter. Should I keep it Black with the yenko stripes or I really like Viper Blue with the Yenko Stripes. The black is alot of work to clean.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
black is great. a lot of work, but it is great. and if you have a good/great job in black, everyone who sees it knows it is a great paint job. best of luck.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
dude, it will look great no matter what color you paint it. but me personally am not a fan of the huge cowl hoods. sorry bro

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
The bigger the better with cowl hoods:). I like black, but hate cleaning it (my rx-7 is black). I'd paint it blue if you prefer it and don't want to have to wax it every 10 minutes.

Kev

·
Registered
689 Posts
Black

Both colors are great to me. I'd say it depends how straight you car is. Assuming that body is a straight as it looks in the picture I prefer the black. It gives me an excuse to rub the car more often! If you don't want to invest in the flawless body the blue would do very nicely!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Make it blue! I like the stripes - but then again, I'm biased :D
M

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

I must admit I'm more partial to blue than black...but you can't go wrong with either decision.

Jason

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I've had black cars for over 40 years. Once you figure out the secrets of keeping them looking flawless, it's fairly easy to take care of. I would NEVER have a black daily driver...been there done that. I never wax black cars either, only glaze and apply with a random orbit machine with foam pads and microfiber finishing. As everyone knows, black can either be the most awesome color or the worst. I vote for keeping black over the blue.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Looks nice !! Has anybody tried those "california brushes" to wipe the car off. Not a bad deal, just was wondering if anybody had any complaints about the brush.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
john_L. said:
Looks nice !! Has anybody tried those "california brushes" to wipe the car off. Not a bad deal, just was wondering if anybody had any complaints about the brush.
it would be nice to know if these are good or bad. sort of seems to go against the grain to brush something off that is dusty/dirty and not hurt the finish. yea, i know.............. wax inpregnated and such,,,,,,,,,, still seems contrary....

·
6,411 Posts
I've had mine for years with some of those years being for a black paint job. No issues with mine. I do keep the car in a garage. The car(s) aren't driven in the rain although it has happened. That's when I have to wash the car. I've got a summer without having to wash the car. Most summers, it gets washed less then 4 times.

·
14,584 Posts
I'm not normally a fan of the tall hood scoops either, but with the Yenko stripes and the black paint it looks good. I'd paint my 69 black if it wasn't so hot here in the summer. Also, when I had my Grand National it seemed liked it was always dusty/dirty. A dark blue would look good with those stripes, but I think the black looks killer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts