Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at 454 out of a 1 ton truck, he wants 900 for it but its complete and running and he says its a 4 bolt. does this seem like a good deal? he doesnt know the what the miles are and he says all 1 tons have 4 bolt main, does anyone know if this is true. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
so it may or may not need a rebuild? the last 454 4 bolt blk i bought i paid 200 for it. but that was hot tanked and checked for cracks and line bore checked. last summer i bought a running 454 out of a 75 short box pickup with the 781 oval ports for 500. so to me 900 for that motor is high.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would tell him $500 if he dropped it off at your place tell him take it or not. I got a 78 full size running sb for $300 del. (sold the brass rad for $6.00 in scrap and gave my buddy some parts for his truck too:D )

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help, ill think ill hold off on buying it and wait for a better deal. But is there any way to tell if its a 4 bolt, do all 1 tom trucks have a 4 bolt mains?

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
A friend of mine his dad runs a machine shop and he sold a 402BB for 100 bucks but 402's arnt that great and the money is in a 454 but I bought my block for 325 from the machine shop all machined and ready to go but if your on a budget try to find a complete 454 and dont be like me and build one up cause its a pain lol, good luck

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I haven't own all the 1 ton trucks with 454's, I'm still driving one. I've owned 6 and parted out a few more and haven't found a 4 bolt block in any of them. I agree 900 is high for a truck motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.