Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I am about to install a ZZ454 in a 1973 Nova, I have changed the motor mounts, but need some help with the oil pan. The motor comes with a "truck pan". I know it has to be changed. Any ideas, I,ve read Moroso, Canton, GMP, and Milodon. I need to hear from someone who has been there and done that. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I need some help. I am about to install a ZZ454 in a 1973 Nova, I have changed the motor mounts, but need some help with the oil pan. The motor comes with a "truck pan". I know it has to be changed. Any ideas, I,ve read Moroso, Canton, GMP, and Milodon. I need to hear from someone who has been there and done that. Thanks:confused:
I have a Milodon pan on mine and it fits fine. Most of the aftermarket pans should work fine.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I put in my zz454 I used a summit street/strip pan and high volume oil pump and pickup. I was impressed with the quality of the pan (baffles, crank scrapers, and trap door) and have been happy overall with everything. They sold it all as a kit that included everything from the pan to the pump, pump driveshaft, new pick-up and all needed parts. It is a 7qt pan and fit great.

Hope that helps. Good luck and have fun :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts