Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chassisworks clip, and I am considering putting a big block in my 67. I just wanted to know how many have a big block with an aftermarket clip? Does the firewall have to be cut so that the engine does not hit? Is there anything that has to be done in order for the big block to go in? Just a few questions i have.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I'm not sure if the frame mounts are in the same place or not I had TCI leave them off so I could put them where I wanted. If you use a short valve cover they will not hit the wiper motor bulge on the firewall. I had to cut it off to clear my tall VC's. I know it's not a CW but would imagine the install would be about the same.

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I can tell you that mine fits wonderfully, I have the big block plates but I would assume that the location is the same. No firewall mods are required with std/medium height valve covers, when I go to the tall ones I may need to dent them slightly, not sure yet. Also, there are no issues with the master cylinder which I thought I would have.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NovaStar said:
I can tell you that mine fits wonderfully, I have the big block plates but I would assume that the location is the same. No firewall mods are required with std/medium height valve covers, when I go to the tall ones I may need to dent them slightly, not sure yet. Also, there are no issues with the master cylinder which I thought I would have.
What kind of clip do you have?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Mike Weddle (TechGuy) from ChassisWorks sent me this pic ta post for you guys... a BB looks right at home with their clip...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have the heidts ,and mine fits well after cutting the nose off the wiper bulge.The turbo 400 had problems though i had to cut some of the tunnel away for it to fit! I also had to make a trans crossmember which ties to the rear rails . I used the hooker fenderwells and they fit perfect!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the replies. I am leaning towards a big block, and this helped out alot.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
take a look see in the Link-Library... just below the ChassisWorks link is another one from ChassisWorks... it's their "Install" procedure... :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the Flyer said:
take a look see in the Link-Library... just below the ChassisWorks link is another one from ChassisWorks... it's their "Install" procedure... :D
Where is the link library?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts