Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back i took out my heater core that was for a small block because it leaking. Im switching over to a big block but i wanna keep the heater. Can you modify the outer heater box cover to fit the big block heater core cus of the tubes? if so does anyone have any pics!?!? It looks like a matter of just cutting an oval for the tubes and making some kinda seal.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
You can just cut the small block one to accommodate the BB heater core, here is a pic of my BB outer box.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much that give me a little better area of where to cut the holes. I still need to get a big block heater core. do you have it all together? How does it work after the mod?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Thanks much that give me a little better area of where to cut the holes. I still need to get a big block heater core. do you have it all together? How does it work after the mod?
This is my original, I took it out to repaint it. Many repop places sell BB cores they're about $100 CDN, I replaced my originals, because they're still good. If you want I can try to get you measurements to help out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah measurements would help out great. Im trying to cut costs anyway I can. By cutting up the SBC cover would save me some $$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts