Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics. of my progress and since it is a popular topic on headers. I installed Hooker Super comps and had no clearance problems around the steering unit. I was using big block frame mounts, dropped the engine (540) in with the pass. side on and worked the drivers side in. Only issue for someone to note: The back edge of the frame mount was touching the header and would not allow it to line up. Had to lift it back up and notch out the back corner of the mount and then it all fell into place.

My Be Cool radiator is working great, left it sitting in the garage running for 20 minutes, with 195 thermostat, car went to 200 and sat steady so it seems it will do fine in traffic even with the intercooler taking up some space in front of the radiator.

Few problems, drag link is hitting oil pan (in another thread) and have to change the springs on the front. Car is actually dragging the ground in the picture. Only have about 1" clearance so I need a few more inches in the front and it should be good to go. Getting there, fix those few problems, drive a few miles on it to seat it and then start on the fuel system. Still lots of clean up and brackets to paint but not a big deal at this point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts