Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help. I need pictures from various angles of a factory fan shroud/fan for a 69 SS396 car. Particularly directly from the top showing the position of the shroud, radiator tanks, and fan. I'm trying to figure out if the fan overlaps the passenger side tank any and if the shroud is shifted for the big block. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Here's a couple of my BB, it looks way off center out of the car, but it's actually the battery that causes this.. Let me know if you need more?:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Show off!LOL!!!:rolleyes::D

That car looks so cool!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Show off!LOL!!!:rolleyes::D

That car looks so cool!
Those pictures are old already. I wish I would have used a digital camera back in those days! What a difference it makes.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You should see the car at night. It looks wild under the lights. You have to see it in person.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Ron....after all this time, I still can't believe you sold that car. It was fantastic. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'm thinking i want to put a shroud on this engine and I think I can make it work now seeing these pics.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ron....after all this time, I still can't believe you sold that car. It was fantastic. :yes:
Yeah, it was kinda weird how the deal worked out but the car's in good hands. He's gonna keep it the way it is. 70's baby!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm thinking i want to put a shroud on this engine and I think I can make it work now seeing these pics.
I should work with any BB, we even have long water pumps.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, it'll work fine with the engine since I'm using factory style big block mounts. I'm just making sure that I think I can use it with one of the aluminum radiators that I already have. One has a 22" core and the other is a 23.5" core. I think the BB shround would work with the 23/5" one. I have to get a little ingenious on mounting the radiator in the car, but it may work. What I was concered with is that the fan slightly over laps the passenger side tank, but it look like the factory shround does as well, so all should be good to go and order one. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts