Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running the Vintage Air Frontrunner accessory drive in their big block? I've only been able to fine Camaros running this setup so far. I read that Camaros have more room in front of the engine than the Novas. Based on the measurements it looks extremely close. Would like to be sure before ordering. Anybody?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Frontrunner

I have a Concept One Accessory Drive setup on my 572, while extremely tight it does clear my Griffin radiator and dual spal fans..barely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Serpentine and Radiator

It was pretty much a direct fit, I originally had a Griffin radiator with double row of 1" tubes and Dual 11" Spal fans which worked fine (P# 23243) I believe is the correct number of the radiator.

I found out that Griffin had the same radiator but with 2 rows of 1.25" tubes (P# 55242) so I replaced the 1" tube radiator with that one. Temps are still the same but I am going to add a/c one day so I thought a little bigger was better especially if I ever get a chance to autox this thing. Radiator was 250.00 direct from Griffin last year, it is all aluminum construction and made in the USA.

As I said before it is a tight fit but it works fine. Dan Hardison the original owner of this Nova took it on the Hot Rod Power Tour with no problem. Plus in this Louisiana heat I have had no problem in the city or on the highway.

http://www.griffinrad.com/buy_online/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=126

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AH... Based on your avatar I wondered if you might have Dan's old car. I've seen pictures of it and it looks really nice. Quite often a point of reference for my build :).

Do you have any pics of the radiator and accessory drive from the side showing the clearance?

The radiator and fan shrouds I've been looking at measure 7" total from the mounting brackets that attach to the core support back to the end of the fan motors. I have about 13.5" from core support to block face. With the 7" that just leaves me 6.5" total for accessory drive. The Frontrunner measures basically that much or a little more depending on component placement :eek:.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts