Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from Terry's blog at www <doot> theconders <doot> co m. It's a family-oriented blog, so it probably does not make a great deal of sense to most SNSers. Still, it's cool to have the write-up.

Big Al builds super-stock dragsters for a hobby, so naturally he owns one. The car is street legal, but far, far, meaner than most street cars, and he took us out for a spin. And spin (the tires) he did. Once the car warmed up, every single time he left a light or a stop sign, and some times for no reason at all, he would drop the hammer on it. And when you drop the hammer on a car making almost 600 horsepower, things happen. The backend starts moving before the front end, so the car crabs sideways. Sometimes, if the wind is just right, you get the unmistakable smell of burning rubber as the car fills with tire smoke. Oh, and the state police show up. I personally experienced the first two, though thankfully not the last, although according to Big Al, they would probably be around later.

After about 10 minutes of Big Al, Tim and myself cavorting around the back roads near Big Al’s home in Big Al’s big, loud, tire eating monster, we returned to Big Al’s house at which time Tim put his stuff into the Nova and we proceeded home. Other than the hood popping open not long into the trip, the trip back was uneventful. I purred along the back-roads in stereo filled, air-conditioned comfort, and Tim brought up the rear in his loud, overpowered, non-air-conditioned Nova. No breakdowns, no surprises, so it was a good trip.

Tim followed me all the way home so that he could make a quick stop at my house, just to check to make sure the oil was ok. Sometimes the best lessons are the most painful ones, and then Tim was on his way for the last hour of his drive home.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
The Super -stock Dragster is a little over the top!!!:eek:

But great just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts