Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BG400 fuel pump let go last weekend , motor works fine , but no pump action :( I think it's time to update , any ideas ?
Many thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
We went Magnfuel and have been very pleased after 3 BG failures.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I switched to Product Engineering about 12 years ago after two of my BG pumps died during a division race in Palmdale. I had a MagnaFuel (MagnaFlow back then) that John Rademacher (who founded MagnaFlow) reconditioned for me as a back up, but never had to use it - sold it with the car and still have the PE pump.

http://product-eng.com/

·
Registered
230 Posts
I switched to Magnafuel 275 after two bad BG280. Very good quality and no probs since two years.

Both BGs wiped out the ground plate and pushed all metal stuff in my carb. BG told me that the pumps are for Drag Racing only and they will not guarantee anything. :yes:

greets
carl

·
Registered
473 Posts
I switched to Magnafuel 275 after two bad BG280. Very good quality and no probs since two years.

Both BGs wiped out the ground plate and pushed all metal stuff in my carb. BG told me that the pumps are for Drag Racing only and they will not guarantee anything. :yes:

greets
carl
Had to love Barry and his cutomer relations...

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I've had an Aeromotive 2000 for 7 yrs now. Been a great pump so far.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
great advice above - i ran product engineering and magnafuel.

The product engineering 460 was used with a 632 and the nitrous, and i lent it (permanently apparently LOL!) to a buddy and he ran three stages of nitrous on a 632 and it raw flawless even after my 5 years of street use.

I currently have a magnafuel 300 in my slow car and an EFI 625 pump in the twin turbo car. GREAT products.

I had two BG products several years ago and they both went in the garbage... where they belonged.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
My BG400 has been on the car since late 98/early 99, and I replaced the O-ring once or twice. All the way to Nashville on the Power Tour in 99; To Phoenix in 2000, Car Craft Anti-Tour; several trips over 100 miles, thousands of passes...still going. Always been run at half speed thru BG stepdown box.
About 10 times the life of any Mallory product I ever tried.
As Vince mentioned, PE makes good stuff. That's also where I got parts for my BG.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rumor mill has it that one of the outfits will give you a $100 credit if you
send in your old BG . Not sure which one though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts