Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to long slot rocker arms on my vortec 350 because I was told with a near .500 lift cam the small slot rockers will bind in the rocker ball area and it did break 2 rocker studs. I replaced all studs with ARP screw in studs and bought roller tip long slot rockers with poly locks . Everything things seems ok now. So as I was cleaning up my work bench I got an old regular small block rocker off my old 350 (that I converted to roller rockers) and compared the rocker slot with the self aligning rocker slot. The picture shows the difference. In my opinion do not use the self aligning rockers with a high lift cam. You will be asking for trouble down the road. And by the way I changed the valve springs to handle the nearly .500 lift. I'm running the Chevy "HOT cam.

·
Registered
65 Super Sport
257 Posts
I also run the GM hot cam but with the 1.6 ratio aluminum GM self aligning rockers. Lift is .525 with this setup. A good package in my opinion, nice idle and lots of torque at low engine speeds.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I also run the GM hot cam but with the 1.6 ratio aluminum GM self aligning rockers. Lift is .525 with this setup. A good package in my opinion, nice idle and lots of torque at low engine speeds.
I’ve installed the same setup in a couple of my customers cars. Makes for a real nice power band. And a nice idle like you stated.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What is your point. Not enough info. I'm not saying anything bad about the Hot Cam. I love it too. What I am saying is to be alert to what rockers you use when using this cam. The GM 1.6 rockers are what my brother used with this cam also. Very good results. I used 1.5 rockers bringing down the lift to around .494

·
Registered
65 Super Sport
257 Posts
I’ve installed the same setup in a couple of my customers cars. Makes for a real nice power band. And a nice idle like you stated.
No point, just info related to your post. I wasn't trying to harsh your gig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts