Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed new shorty headers on my 350 SBC last year. They are now miscolored from the heat. No rust. Been researching what to do. Don't want to wrap, so it's either ceramic paint, or high temperature paint. Don't like the fact that I would have to "bake on" the ceramic paint.
I used to work in maintenance. We had a spray on Porcelain paint to redo bathtubs, sinks, and countertops. That stuff was tough as nails! Could that be used? Please provide input on what worked best for your application. Thanks in advance, Greg
P.S. The SS in the title refers to stainless steel, not Super Sport.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check out 'Cerakote' they have an air dry high temp (2000 deg) ceramic coating. Easy to shoot from a simple HVLP gun... I did my v-twin shorty pipes - they get real hot! Almost a year no issues!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
They're headers; why not just let them naturally do what stainless will do?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
If they are stainless steel, you can use Bar Keepers Friend to bring them back. Don't use the chore boy or scotch bright pad if you can help it like I did on my exhaust. I had lots of burnt on oil from a leak and had to be aggressive. But it scratches the surface. Start with just a sponge at first. If they are other wise clean the discoloration will come right off. Klean King is another...there are many other stainless/copper cleaners for pots and pans.

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5750393&postcount=55

1 - 7 of 7 Posts