Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, looking to supercharge the motor....hopefully,

so im looking for a short block set up, with forged pistons and rods
and good compression

and preferable under 2k......

anyone know a good one?
found like 2 or 3 but, looking for people with off brand known short blocks...

thanks

also.....if i need a special manifold for my vortec heads,.... will i need a special one for a supercharger when i get to it?

·
Registered
932 Posts
also.....if i need a special manifold for my vortec heads,.... will i need a special one for a supercharger when i get to it?

yes and there expensive $600plus

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Under 2 k?
For a super charger application:eek::puke:

Sorry I must laugh! :popcorn::poke::no::rolleyes:

lemon , please don't take this personal. But your not going to keep this within your budjet.

Al

·
Registered
932 Posts
or u could find a used vortec super charger for under 2grand

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
alright, looking to supercharge the motor....hopefully,

so im looking for a short block set up, with forged pistons and rods
and good compression

and preferable under 2k......

anyone know a good one?
found like 2 or 3 but, looking for people with off brand known short blocks...

thanks

I'm going to go with the weiand 6-71 kit myself when I get to that stage in my build. I'd dump the vortec heads for a set of Edelbrock performer rpm 64cc to 70cc heads ... I've never thought much of vortec myself. If your going to add a supercharger to a SBC for street use, you'll be able to pump in all the performance you need without changing much ( im going with 2 600 cfm dbl pumps)...other then tuning it...changing the intake manifold to accept the blower.same for the cam and all that good stuff. You just need to make sure no one componet in the intake or exhaust systems fights the supercharger by overly constricting airflow either into or out of the cylinders.
High compression 10-1 or 12 -1 ( normally aspirated) performance engine, adding a blower to this will literally blow the engine due to excessively high cylinder pressure. So 8 -1 or 9-1 is what you want for compression.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not getting charged right away

but that is in the future and i know it will exceed the budget.... just looking for a nice low compression forged short block for now

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Ohiocrank has a 388 for $2500 and Golen has a 383 for $2900, a little more than $2k but not too bad for forged pistons and rods.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
think i would be better off going non forged and just a better normal styled short block? and forget the supercharger?

im trying to make some good power

1 - 11 of 11 Posts