Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need front and rear shocks for my 74....

What are the best to install? Is it something that can be done fairly easily? What do I need to look out for?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I need front and rear shocks for my 74....

What are the best to install? Is it something that can be done fairly easily? What do I need to look out for?
What type of springs do you have and what type of driving? Drag racing or autocrossing? Just cruising?

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
KYB have a higher gas pressure than Munroe....

were a bit of a pain to install.. bilstine are the same high gas pressure.... read up on the difference between the KYB, BILSTINE and the munroe..... the difference between a mono tube shock...

I would think the edelbroc IAS shock would be a good shock.. but have not, or no not, any one that has them...

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Lots of options in the stock replacement like the a couple of different Monroes and KYBs. The Edelbrocks are a nice step up. A ran a set several years ago on a 3rd gen Camaro. They are definitely firmer, but not in the same catagory as Koni. QA-1 has a couple of options as well that are a step from stock and full performance.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I would think the edelbroc IAS shock would be a good shock.. but have not, or no not, any one that has them...
I installed them on my
nova.Waaaay too stiff...almost like a road racing shock.I pulled them...sold them and installed monroe sensa trac...very smooth ride!!bm

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
my monroe sensatracs blew in just a couple hundred miles with the hotchkis 2" drop springs:D Though the combo wasn't exactly the greatest!

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
one thing that i dont know is if my car is multi leaf or single..nor do i know what a leaf is :eek:
Go look under the rear tires(back of the car).multi leafs are more then 1 leaf spring stacked together....mono is 1 single leaf...Leaf springs absorb the weight of the back of the car.....go look and report back

1 - 20 of 39 Posts