Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is making the best carpet for the money from the experience of Steve's members? PUI, ACC, Cars Inc., Stock Interiors, etc.? In doing shopping on the ol' Interweb, I'm seeing prices from 100.00 to close to 300.00. What is your experience?

I need to replace the carpet in my '63 Nova hardtop. Thanks for your suggestions.

-Ed

·
Registered
694 Posts
There was a real good thread on carpet here a couple months ago.
ACC, in my view, is a very marginal product. It has numerious problems including their mold not following the contours of the floor pan, excess material in some areas and too little in others.
Something I could not work-around is the thin yarn count. Look at the picture below. The white specs you see in the rocker area is not my dandruff, its the carpet back you see when the carpet is rolled over a contour.
All that said, if i were to do it over I'd get prices from an upholstry shop for custom rugs.

·
13,283 Posts
I think this is the thread you're referring to.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a real good thread on carpet here a couple months ago.
ACC, in my view, is a very marginal product. It has numerious problems including their mold not following the contours of the floor pan, excess material in some areas and too little in others.
Something I could not work-around is the thin yarn count. Look at the picture below. The white specs you see in the rocker area is not my dandruff, its the carpet back you see when the carpet is rolled over a contour.
All that said, if i were to do it over I'd get prices from an upholstry shop for custom rugs.
View attachment 404850
Thanks for the heads up on those problems, Ed

·
Registered
214 Posts
The information in this topic is not making me look forward to dealing with this project in the future. Found this on Classic Industries...for a gen 3. Looks decent by the ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Who is making the best carpet for the money from the experience of Steve's members? PUI, ACC, Cars Inc., Stock Interiors, etc.? In doing shopping on the ol' Interweb, I'm seeing prices from 100.00 to close to 300.00. What is your experience?

I need to replace the carpet in my '63 Nova hardtop. Thanks for your suggestions.

-Ed
I bought PUI carpet, and it went in easy and fit nice. This was my first time installing carpet and it turned out great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The last carpet I got was from Stock Interiors. I had to install in the early spring time with the car outside in the northwest, so it wasn't really warm enough to let the carpet relax. It didn't seem overly terrible, but I wasn't very impressed either. There was a carpet change for the '74 model year and I didn't know. Ended up with that God awful long pile that just collects everything.

I also have a trans tunnel mod for the tremec, so I, too am researching this and not looking forward to that part of my project this summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts