Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of converting the rears on my 72 but don't want to spend a fortune....
What's out there that's good but not expensive....????

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In addition to the actual brakes at the wheels what else has to be changed...?
Master cylinder...?
Booster...?

·
Registered
982 Posts
some people have been fine using their disc/drum master cylinder, and you would even be fine using a drum/drum cylinder, when you bleed it, it puts a nice amount of pressure on your pedal, and the car thinks you have all 4 drums, you dont have to press as hard to get stopping power.

but seeing as you can buy a disc/disc master cylinder for fairly cheap you may want to opt for that.

the booster shouldnt need to be replaced unless its damaged in some way, or if you find a good deal on a booster/master combo

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you're looking for affordability I say go with the LS brakes from a 98-02 camaro/firebird. Its a direct bolt on same lug pattern. And you can use the power booster/master and prop valve. Its all factory GM so finding brake pads and replacement parts are fairly easy. I found my complete set front and rear at a local wrecking yard for 200.00 I have about 325 total investment with front bracket and cleaning supplies and caliper paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts