Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting new wheels this off-season and since mine are cast aluminum Jegs sport star or whatever... I was looking at getting some SFI rated forged aluminum and stepping up a size to a 15x10 in the rear. I was just curious if any of you had input regarding strength, weight, durability of different race wheels out there as there are plenty of choices. Are there any brands that you would recommend over others?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I had Draglites on my last 71 and I have the front runners and will have to pick up some back ones when I run my car.

My buddy runs those Bogart wheels and man those things are light.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pragmatist, I was actually looking at these wheels. I know someone out at the track that started running these, well it was either these or I think Centerline's version.

I like the look of the 5 spoke and was just hoping I could find something with the SFI rating that was strong and light. I would like to take advantage of the least amount of rolling resistance and rotational inertia that I can.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I was thinking of getting new wheels this off-season and since mine are cast aluminum Jegs sport star or whatever... I was looking at getting some SFI rated forged aluminum and stepping up a size to a 15x10 in the rear. I was just curious if any of you had input regarding strength, weight, durability of different race wheels out there as there are plenty of choices. Are there any brands that you would recommend over others?

Thanks for your input.
Is your car mini tubbed? A 15x10 wheel wont fit a 3rd gen unless it is mini tubbed or you like that 70's jacked up rear look!:yes:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
In true drag racing weight is what decides the best wheel. The lightest wheel that gets certified is what racers will use. In bracket racing or index racing weight may not be an issue so much. Then it becomes a matter of what looks nice and is not so expensive. So there is no best wheel for everyone. Just the best for each person and their requirements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts