Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All!

Just getting back into the game after taking the last decade off (another vehicle project took all of my time and effort).

Gotta get my 69 going and need a new hood. No cowl induction.

I have read that Keystone made is "best" as far as pickup trucks are concerned, but haven't read anything about their Nova hoods. I am looking for the closest to OEM quality as I can find.

Does anyone have any input?

I'm looking to make a purchase coming up for Blackfriday.

My thoughts were to buy this one: New Hood Panel GMK4012200682

Warm Regards,
Jesse

·
Registered
1972 Nova
810 Posts
I don't see a flat AMD hood on Summit or Jegs (to see availability), but OER is out until February at least, and Goodmark is a week out. Call your local AMD distributor and see what they think too, might get lucky and they find one somewhere.

I've heard good things about Goodmark in general (my quarters were ordered as Goodmark, but IIRC they had an AMD sticker on them), and they fit pretty good (nobody makes a perfect quarter, and I'm sure the closest to OEM fit you'll get in a hood is finding a used stock hood).

Where are you located? A member might have one that switched to a cowl.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The AMD flat hood for my '70 was very good, except for the dents the freight company put in it. They weren't bad, but I filed a claim and got reimbursed for the damage.
I used all AMD parts for my restoration, front fenders, fire wall, floor, trunk floor, rear quarters, tail light panel and filler panel. Body man said they were all good fit and finish.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't see a flat AMD hood on Summit or Jegs (to see availability), but OER is out until February at least, and Goodmark is a week out. Call your local AMD distributor and see what they think too, might get lucky and they find one somewhere.

I've heard good things about Goodmark in general (my quarters were ordered as Goodmark, but IIRC they had an AMD sticker on them), and they fit pretty good (nobody makes a perfect quarter, and I'm sure the closest to OEM fit you'll get in a hood is finding a used stock hood).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I am in Los Angeles California.

thanks for your input ya'll. fell free to keep it coming. Im working on fitting engine and transmission in at the moment, then switching to body. LS3+6-Speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should be able to find an original 69-72 hood somewhere in SoCal. Have you checked CL andFB?
I have not. I had a 70 before this one that looked really good when I purchased it, but after tearing her down, ended up to be rusted from the inside out.

The original hood on this one was rusted, even though the rest of it is great, so I was looking for new so that I wouldn't have to deal with the old red bane on the part. If there was a decent one out there, used, I would be interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts