Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Actually most of the people we race with including ourselves don't look at a tach at all...just a shift light or in many cases the car is equipment with an electric or air shifter that shifts automatically with the ignition box. The RacePak dash has a tach sweep built in, otherwise there really isn't much need for one at all.

The shift light is usually mounted somewhere in the line of sight, typically above center off the cage winshield bar.

You can mount your tach anyplace you want...there's no standard...everyone has their own preference.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Actually most of the people we race with including ourselves don't look at a tach at all...

The shift light is usually mounted somewhere in the line of sight, typically above center off the cage winshield bar.

You can mount your tach anyplace you want...there's no standard...everyone has their own preference.
:yes::yes::yes: my tach is in my Covans dash & my shift light in where stroked has his tach. light is right where i need it, i can see it even when im lookin at the road.. hope this helps

LIL JOHN

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
if you look closely there is a tab welded off the roll cage for the tach. Right in my peripheral vision to see the shift light.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Actually most of the people we race with including ourselves don't look at a tach at all...just a shift light or in many cases the car is equipment with an electric or air shifter that shifts automatically with the ignition box. The RacePak dash has a tach sweep built in, otherwise there really isn't much need for one at all.

X2:yes:

Mine is mounted right over my trans tunnel on my dash bar for the cage. Never really look at is unless I am doing something with the tune up that I need to keep the RPMs up, like test firing the nitrous systems while sitting still. The rest is all the shift light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts