Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a crate turn key motor for the most reasonable price. Small block 383,anyone found a legit price and quality spot?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just went through this and really your best bet is to go talk to a few local engine builders/machine shops and tell them about what you want and what your goals are. Find one that you feel comfortable with and if possible, talk to some references.

You will probably get a few suggestions for GM performance crate motors etc and these are good options too,

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had my 383 built by a local race engine builder, forged internals and AFR heads for under $5k. made 513hp/517tq on pump gas

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I know some of you have heard me say this before but......... "Crate engines are like a box of chocolates..... Ya' never know what yer gonna get"!

With that said, have one built by a reputable shop in your area. You'll have full control of your build, get expert advice, a build sheet of exactly what parts you'll have and where they came from and quite possibly end up with alot more engine for your money.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shoot me a PM with what your looking for, I can help ya out ;)

Reactions: Midmo Joe

·
Registered
482 Posts
2and that Mike is good people, Mike and I wheel and deal back in forth.
I'll 3rd that. Mike builds great motors and is good people, true professional.:notworthy: You won't be sorry if you go with him. Going to get with him when the time comes to build mine.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
lcuevasjr73, Melonhead hasn’t been on the site since September 2017 and this thread was last active in 2012.. It would probably be better to start a new thread with your questions.. Go to the introduction forum and jump in so we can get the currently active members to point you in the right direction.. Welcome to the site..!
Hi Melonhead I was looking into same build for my 68 chevelle can I get the name of the engine builder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts