Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well went up to NYIRP today to try out the new powergilde and what a difference it made! First pass off the trailer all motor and with the suspension tied down cause we were unsure what the car was going to do sucked, so we came back made some suspension changes and tire pressure adjustments and that did the trick, after that we played around with different RPM launches to get it dialed in the best we could yesterday! Thanks to BigDog & The Crew for trackside assistance!

1st Pass leaving @ 5500 all motor
60' 2.17
1/8 6.98 @ 113
1/4 10.42 @ 142

2nd Pass Susp. Adjustment and Tire Pressure and 3000 Chip all motor
60' 1.41
1/8 6.06 @ 115
1/4 9.47 @ 143

3rd Pass Susp. Adjustment and 10# Tire Pressure and 3000 Chip all motor
60' 1.41
1/8 6.05 @ 116
1/4 9.468 @ 143.35

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
Scott, that thing just keeps getting faster and faster. Are you planning a trip to US131 this year? Would love to watch ya run. Keep up the good work.

Don

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Bring her down to PRP.... I wanna see some more FAST Novas:).

Kev (Dave's is too slow to be exciting ;) ;) :D )

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DriveWFO said:
Good job Scott! That thing is running exactly what you guys said it would once you got it too hook up with the new tranny. I don't think I would have the nuts to spray something on top of that motor :eek: :D That's haulin' the mail!!!

Kev, remind me to slap you when I see you :rolleyes:
Thanks Dave, I know with some more suspension tweaking and paying around with some ballast in the rear we can get it down in the 9.30 range on motor and then add a little spray and go somewhere in the 8's but that's down the road a ways......Nice times for you by the way too....sorry I couldn't chat with ya yesterday when i called I know the wifey said you were in the shower scrubbing burnout rubber and race gas off your ***......Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
badass70_nova said:
Thanks Dave, I know with some more suspension tweaking and paying around with some ballast in the rear we can get it down in the 9.30 range on motor and then add a little spray and go somewhere in the 8's but that's down the road a ways......Nice times for you by the way too....sorry I couldn't chat with ya yesterday when i called I know the wifey said you were in the shower scrubbing burnout rubber and race gas off your ***......Congrats!!
I wouldn't have been able to hear you anyhow...ears are still ringin' from running open headers :D I watched some punk crash his Supra yesterday. My guess is he was running too much boost for street tires. Good thing the guy in the right lane was already past him. He spun it around two times across the track (because he didn't lift) and slammed the wall with the back of the car , spun around again and slammed the wall with the front. The announcer said "see what happens when you don't lift after you get loose". Was funny to hear him say that :D

I'll give ya a call tonight.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
141 Posts
what color and year was that supra do you know?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well just rolled the NastyNova off the trailer this morning and going through all the suspension parts and other things tighting them back up and looking at the left rear tire sitting in the wheel opening it sits back about a 1" further than it did before......after jacking it up and seeing what was going on I found where it sheared off the centering pin on the drivers side mono leaf! And on top of that I have a groove dug in my tire all the way around it in the tread from the rearend sliding back an 1"........looks like it's time to order a set of Calvert mono leafs! Thank god that thing didn't roll out from under the car at 140mph that woulda made mess! Anything good to say about the Calvert Split Leaf Mono? Here some picsof the sheared centering pin that was wedged in the alignment hole on the lower spring perch of the CalTracs.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
You can drill that spring and use a hardened 1/4 inch socket cap screw to replace that pin. The springs hard every where except where that pin was. Are you running the rubber cushions in the spring mounts? I got rid of them. JMHO, RM

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I'm real happy with my Calvert springs--just be sure how you want it to sit when you order them. If they don't sit right you can send them back for different ones, but you're a little farther away than me.(I picked mine up at Calverts) I've had mid 1.3 60fts. with mine--you should have better with the power you're making. Pinion angle made a big difference for me(4 degrees good/ 1 degree no good) I haven't tried any more since it does big wheelstands at 4 degrees. I run a full turn on the bars on one side; and about 3/4 turn on the other because it was pulling.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Real McCoy said:
You can drill that spring and use a hardened 1/4 inch socket cap screw to replace that pin. The springs hard every where except where that pin was. Are you running the rubber cushions in the spring mounts? I got rid of them. JMHO, RM
I don't mean to sound stupid or maybe I'm just drawing a blank here on this one....I got everything tore apart and the top of the leaf sits flush to the spring perch on the upper side...if ya drilled a hole and put a bolt in there wouldn't cause the spring to sit goofy in there.....maybe I've been working to hard here lately and I've strained my brain but for some reason I can't picture it.....:(

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Badass,
Congrats on your new numbers! By the way, what are you running for rear tires and how wide a rim? Congrats again.
Brian
Kudos to you too, Dave!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm running a 29x10 Hoosier on a 15x7 Weld with 5.5" BS....well I tore both leaf springs out just awhile ago and found the same scenario on the passenger side accept the centering pin wasn't sheared off but one more pass and it would have been! It was hanging on by the hair of it's chiny chiny chin!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya need a higher grade of Steel an maybe a larger diameter for your pin Scott, its just too soft for the power your putting to it. Something a little larger an stronger should fix it, don't go too hard or it will be just as prone to breaking cause it might be brittle an shatter then your in the same boat. Those are prolly the stock pins an they prolly use the cheapest thing they could get they're hands on.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
63SSNOS said:
Ya need a higher grade of Steel an maybe a larger diameter for your pin Scott, its just too soft for the power your putting to it. Something a little larger an stronger should fix it, don't go too hard or it will be just as prone to breaking cause it might be brittle an shatter then your in the same boat. Those are prolly the stock pins an they prolly use the cheapest thing they could get they're hands on.
I was looking for ya on Saturday at PRP. Figured you got lost on yer way there :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts