Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pretty much got all the poop on the 4-bar stuff (will go with heidtsif thats what i do), but I took a ride in a 4-bar car with the poly bushed rods ect.....I must say its not as quiet as I thought it would be and not as smooth.

So with that said, here is were Im at. I have the mini-tub done. New CE rails are ready to be welded in but waiting to decide on the rer suspension.

What is the best leaf spring setup? I need details as to what to buy and where if possible....

I need new front perches, rear shackels or sliders, leafs mono or mulit, what shocks...and anything else you can think of.....

Im looking for a good riding/handling street car.

Thanks in advance
GMAC

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
You can have leaf springs made by any spring shop. We use Betts in San Leandro, CA for the rear springs on the road racer. They can make them with any rate and arch you want. I use Rancho 9000 shocks.
I've also used Mopar Super Stock springs on a Nova and they are excellent. You can get them from Mancini Racing.
If you want to use sliders, get the spring eyes made for the Mopar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a summit racing store about 1-1/2 hours from me ;) . I was looking at AFCO leaf springs and sliders.....will they work on my 64??

Im thinking that the AFCO springs should work with the sliders and just making the front leaf pockts myself to fit thier spring....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I bought SmithRacecraft split mono springs w/ the rear Chrysler eye and their MaX-TraX traction devices along with the AFCO sliders for the rear. Good stuff! I still need to buy my rear shocks but am planning on buying the Chassisworks double adjustable Vari-Shocks.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Hey GMac, where are you at in PA? I'm about an hour and a half from Summit too (Cranberry Twp.).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would that work for a 64 nova? What kinda $$ are we talking if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Novaboy009......I live in the Oil City area between Pitt and Erie.....I take it your down by the Turn pike?.....Awesome having Summit so close. Love to go and window shop, and I never seem to buy anything. I did get some Weld street stars and tires for my nova the last time :D

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
My parents place is in Cranberry, which is where 79 and the turnpike meet in the north hills of Pittsburgh. I go to school at Pitt main campus, so I'm in the city 95% of the time.

Kev

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is a pic of my 62 with multileaf springs on a 12 bolt. These were ordered by the previouse owner of the car, but I'm pretty sure he got them from Bets Springs. While the car hasn't hit the streets yet I can tell you that they definetly stiffed up the back of the car. I have a 64 with the original mono leafs and just jouncing the rear bumper you can feel a noticable difference between the two cars.

http://public.fotki.com/BartZ06/1962_chevy_ii_nova/dscf0019100205.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far the spring setup if a LOT cheaper than the 4-bar....I found the 3 leafs perside for $150 a pair a JC Whitney....not sure of the quality???

Other places are about 250-300$ a pair. What is a good Coil over setup???
I found a QA1 kit at summit of $434 with all the brackets....

Thats only $$700 vs $1300 for the 4-bar.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts