Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

With some urging from friends, I installed a 50cc Accelerator Pump on my Holley 750 vaccum secondaries w/electric choke along with a .035 pump nozzle today. The car sounds lot healthier, much more responsive, and no longer falls on it's face at high rpms! While you have to run a carb spacer, it's the best bang for the buck I've experienced in a long, long time.

Jason

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good to hear it! :)

I may have to try the 50 cc kit and see how it works for me.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike Goble said:
What pump cam did you switch to?
Greetings,

I used the yellow one that came with the kit...I didn't look to see what number it was.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luke'snova said:
Has it helped the off idle response?
Greetings,

Yes it has dramatically...It's a totally different car now as far as performance goes. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in or rpms I'm running, it's a lot more responsive.

Jason

·
Registered
406 Posts
Today I installed the 50cc REO pump on the 3310 I just rebuilt. Put the carb on, adjusted it and went for a test drive. No more bog and felt like I had gained 40 horsepower. :D

Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
loneagle said:
I'm gonna try it! I've been messing with squirters and cams for over a month now. Found a kit on ebay from an outfit called Allstate carburetor for $27. Here the link:http://stores.ebay.com/ALLSTATE-CARBURETOR
I bought my VS 750 from those guys. It ran great.....until I just yanked it for a DP. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
loneagle said:
Today I installed the 50cc REO pump on the 3310 I just rebuilt. Put the carb on, adjusted it and went for a test drive. No more bog and felt like I had gained 40 horsepower. :D

Thanks for the tip!

It looks as though you didn't use a carb spacer????? Does this swap require one??? I have the Edlebrock PRM Air gap and want to give this a shot. Also, open or 4 hole spacer??

·
Registered
406 Posts
I used a 1/2" phenolic spacer with 4 holes. The pump may hit the manifold without the spacer.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
luke'snova said:
loneagle said:

Thanks for the tip!

It looks as though you didn't use a carb spacer????? Does this swap require one??? I have the Edlebrock PRM Air gap and want to give this a shot. Also, open or 4 hole spacer??
Greetings,

I used a 2 inch 4-hole phenolic spacer...All is well...

Jason

·
Registered
406 Posts
Jason,
I haven't had much of a chance to drive my car since I replaced the accelerator pump. I was wondering if you noticed a big drop in gas mileage?

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greetings,

Surprisingly not...I went from 13.2 to 12.1...So about a mile per gallon. I drive mine about 400 miles a week.

Jason

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the info on the spacers. I noticed on Jeg's site it does have a note that you may need to run at least a 1/4 in spacer. I have the RPM air gap manifold and when I was looking yesterday, i can see almost 3/4 of an inch below the stock 30cc pump. How much lower does the 50 cc hang? I was leaning toward the 4 hole for the torque characteristics, and you guys have made the descision easier. I will most likely get this after I figure out my idle issue..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts