Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at all the threads on the best headers to use, or even fender well headers and i am still confused as what to buy. Will any of the headers made for a 62 to 67 work? I was wondering which headers will work best.

My 64 is lowered 2 inches in the front so I think fender well headers are out of the equation. Stock front suspension setup.

I was wondering what is the best, cheapest header to use on my 383 that hopefully will make 450hp to 500hp, and how long should i get them 31inch or 26 inch? Which would be easier to install and give the most clearance?

I was thinking I need need a 1.75 pipes diameter and a 3 inch collector Any personal recommendations would be great. I am almost done with the build. thanks so much!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just get you a set of cheap shorty headers, so your exhaust wont bang on the ground, and youd prob want the 3'' outlet collector for great exhaust flow. Unless your giong for show, you can get the stainless/chrome ones fairly cheap too.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Buy them once and forget it. Get Hooker Super Comps part # 2243 and you'll never regret it. Best fit and finish there is.

AGREED, HOOKER SUPER COMPS PT#2243 BLACK OR PT#2243-1 CERAMIC COATED :yes:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Hooker Super Comps

Get the full tube headers that exit out the bottom, under the car.

There will be some that will say "fenderwell" but that opens up a whole new can of worms. Issues like cutting up the car, a lot of "road crap" getting into the engine compartment (especially when its raining), re-routing of wire harness, interferance with brake lines and master cylinder, front tire clearence issues etc., etc., etc.

B.T.W.: Hookers are not that cheap. But if you ever tried to install cheap ones you'd say that Hookers are worth every penny. You would think that after all these years that these cars have been around that EVERYBODY would be making them right! NOT!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Fender-well for the most HP.There is a set for sale here,Stahl's look at them and you will see the best.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Unless you want pay $750.00 ,summit sells there own brand for $99.00 and up,all headers suck to some degree,most who make them never consider spark plugs and wires have to fit between the tubes...

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even with these Hooker super comps with full tube I won't run into any clearance issues with a lowered car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
headers

i have a 65 with a 350 it has stock front end it is lowered 3 inches in the front i used hedman headers they went right on tuck under the car real nice i have 2.5 exhaust nothing hangs down the plugs are easy to change i love them i will get some pictures if you want of the headers and under the car

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a 65 with a 350 it has stock front end it is lowered 3 inches in the front i used hedman headers they went right on tuck under the car real nice i have 2.5 exhaust nothing hangs down the plugs are easy to change i love them i will get some pictures if you want of the headers and under the car
I would love to see some pics. Those header are expensive though right.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts