Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new on here and have my first question. i am looking to buy a 6 point roll cage. i know what companies make them i just would like some pictures of installed cages or suggestions on well fitting main hoops/kits. i would like the main hoop to fit tightly to the contour of the car. thanks in advance

·
Vendor
4,058 Posts
best off having one custom made for the best fit
Exactly what he said. You will not get a talored fit from Walmart. Have a custom cage built and you can have it built to your style and look. I did this with mine and ran the down tubes close to the windshield and thru the dash.....extra work but worth every last minute now that it is done..................sorry I currently don't have pics maybe I'll get some if you are interested.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We took a jegster kit for a 80s s10 narrowed it 1 in and had back bars bent to fit works great.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Im very happy with my Chasiss Works kit. I was able to keep the main hoop very high leaving just enough room for a headliner I hope. from the side you cant see the top of the main hoop or the pieces that go along the top of the windows with out looking in and up. Very clean looking.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Call me crazy but how do you "narrow" a pre bent hoop and still have it legal....????

·
Registered
94 Posts
SSSSSHHHHH, you get a tube thats the same outer as the roll bar tube is inside cut it slide it in and drill a couple of holes and rose bud themm and weld it back together. we hide it by grinding it and smooth it with bondo.
I know it sounds funky but its realy stronger after its all done plus its covered with padding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts