Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeking recommendations for the best dual exhaust system for a 1975 Nova 350 4 barrel.

Especially looking for exit points of the tailpipes.

Pictures would be great for comparison.

Thanks!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Here's what is on my car. It's the 2.5 inch with a cross over Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust kit for a 67-68 Camaro from Jegs. It's part # 389-17129. There Here's a link.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17129/10002/-1

To get a look at where the tail pipes exit check the pics in this thread.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134190

I bought this kit in 2006. The price has gone up by about $100 since. If you do end up buying it. I would cut the tail pipe hangars off an reposition them. You'll get tire rubs if you don't. Mine rub, and since I have my car tore down, that was one of my to do's.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
summit camaro kit

I got a kit from Summit that was listed for Camaro's. The order line folks looked it up for me as its listed for Nova on their system but not in teh catalog.
Tailpipes exit right behind rear wheels and fit very well.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My exhaust consists of Hedman elite headers, Summit Universal X-pipe, Dynomax ultraflow mufflers, and Flowmaster camaro/nova tailpipes all in 2 1/2". The tailpipes come straight out the back and end at the bumper.

Dan

·
Registered
508 Posts
I recently put the Summit 2 1/4 exhaust on mine and I'm really happy with it. It came with turbo mufflers that I'm surprisinly in love with. The best part is it was 160 dollars.

Oh, and the tail pipes exit just like Zoom's nova.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
What's your budget?

I had 2 1/2" stainless put on my car, full custom, with an H-pipe for around $1800 (that's including labor). Headers were another story (about $650 for those), but stainless is the way to go if you can swing it.

I also used Corsa Black mufflers, which I absolutely love. Great sound without shattering windows.

My exhaust exits in front of the rear tires, but if you've seen the car you know it kind makes sense with the rest of the build. To each his own, I guess.

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.