Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll got her dialed in ,in just 2 trips to the track 71,with a 355 ,patriot heads, 294/306 comp cams, 410 gears with 28" tall tires ,all street trim,the first time i went i have a regular fan with no cut outs and went a best 12.30 at a pinks all out here in louisiana,so i put an electric fan,and cut outs and drove 50 miles to the track and went 11.75 @114 mph so that was a big difference and even has power steering

·
Registered
163 Posts
That a huge improvement for just those changes. Was the tune and everything else the same? What exhaust are you running?

In any case, that's a good running 355. Congratulations!!

What were the incrementals on your times?

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Nice times! I am just finishing up my motor which is very similar to yours, I am running a solid lifter cam insted of a hyd. 355 with flat tops, 64cc edelbrock performer rpm heads, weiand team g, quick fuel 750, 245 @ .050 520 lift solid cam, 4000 stall, 28" drag radials, th 350, and a 9" with 3:89 gears, if my motor runs numbers near yours I would be very happy!:yes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shoot ya might be a bit quicker with the solid cam what ya gonna shift at i was shifting at about 6200 and we have about the same so i hope ya go as fast are faster and my headers are 2" competion headers with 3 1/2 collectors with flow masters but with them closed i went 12.30 and that was with a regular fan not a clutch fan ,the only thing i did was cutouts and electric fan

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
QUOTE=waldos_1;1057864]shoot ya might be a bit quicker with the solid cam what ya gonna shift at i was shifting at about 6200 and we have about the same so i hope ya go as fast are faster and my headers are 2" competion headers with 3 1/2 collectors with flow masters but with them closed i went 12.30 and that was with a regular fan not a clutch fan ,the only thing i did was cutouts and electric fan[/QUOTE]

Wow those are big headers for the combo! What is the runner cc on the patriots? I am running hooker 1 5/8" headers through 2 1/2" with an x pipe and super 40 flowmasters. The cam was ground on a 108 and installed on 104 so I should be shifting around 6000-6200 I would imagine! The cam was ground by Camgrinder on here, if you ever want to change get ahold of him he really nows his stuff!:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Those are some big heads too! Your heads and headers are alot bigger then mine, must have something to do with why it picked up so much uncorked. My heads are 170cc so I may not runn quite those numbers , anything around 12.20 or better and I will be stoked!:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts