1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whatever you decide on, be sure to do your research on the engine builder first, especially if buying long distance. Look for feedback from other customers, understand exactly what the warranty covers, who pays costs etc. This will avoid any misunderstandings following the sale.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Been beating on my Jon Barrett built engine for 8 years and it's perfectly fine. Keep in mind this is when Jon was building them himself.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Really? They offer a good warranty. I would think if there was that many problems with there engines Jegs wouldn't be selling them. It's puting Jegs reputation on the line. Good find Bruce. I should have done more research. RICK

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Really? They offer a good warranty. I would think if there was that many problems with there engines Jegs wouldn't be selling them. It's puting Jegs reputation on the line. Good find Bruce. I should have done more research. RICK
Warranties mean nothing unless you honor it......

John

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had considered Phoenix Engines as well but then I read their ebay feedback and the BBB complaints against them. Also, read the fine print in their warranty. I have not pursued any info on them in a year or more but doubt that they have had a major turn around. I am basing my opinion on things I have read, I have never had their product.

·
Registered
988 Posts
check out whites performance and machine got a 383 from them this winter and happy so far:yes:
I have never bought an engine from whites but I have purchased alot of parts from them and only had one problem and it was shipping damaged and they took care of it immediately I have had great customer service from them

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
why not just buy a new gm performance parts crate engine and call it a day?3 year 36000 mile warranty honored at all gm dealerships:yes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts