Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New To The Site ... Building A '66 Nova 2dr Hardtop.
I Am Looking For The Best Frame To Put Under Front And Rear ... Heidts, Tci, Chassis Eng, Etc?
I Want To Run 18"x10" Rear Wheels With A 285 Or 295 Tire, Will I Have To Cut Into The Frame Rails With An Aftermarket Coil Over 4-link Rear Clip?
Can I Still Run A Factory Gas Tank?
I Want To Run An 18"x8" Front Wheel?
Thanks For Any Help I Can Get !!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, Macs66: I have a TCI front clip under my '67, and would recommend that you look at a Chris Alston Chassisworks front clip. Check their website out because I believe you can find some useful information there. I'll bet that they will be able to help you over the phone, too.

·
Vendor
1,232 Posts
TCI's Nova front subframe will work great. They move the frame rails in 1 inch on each side for clearance in the inside and outside. A 8" wheel will work with the correct backspace.
TCI's rear 4-link is a great piece. It allows you to use a 10" rim with up to 305 tire width. You will need to do a 2" mini tube but subframe rails do not need to be modified. It includes a sway bar, driveline loop and transmission crossmember. Several guys on this site have purchased this exact setup from me.
Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
JRChevy said:
Depends on what you mean by "THE BEST"? What do you want to do?

Do yourself a favor and compare all the players before making your choice.
Wayne Due's Chassis
Figured I would drop my $.02 on the table too. It certainly does depend on what you expect out of your clip and your car. I went with a Wayne Due clip for a number of reasons. What really won me over was the quality of guy that Wayne is and the quality of product they produce. He's a two man shop and they put out some awesome clips and custom chassis'. Plus he's local for me so I was able to go meet the guy, check out the product in person, etc.

What led me to Wayne in the first place was that I could use factory GM C4 components which look good and work even better. Plus I can run to any Napa or GM dealer and buy a set of brake pads, a caliper, rotor, ball joint, etc. The drawback is you have to run wheels that are backspaced like Corvette wheels and 16" or larger.

Anyway, point is check out all of your options (you are on the right track already). Find some local cars that are running the products you are interested in and go check them out, ask the owners opinions about install, ride, etc. Talk to the manufacturer, see what kind of people they are...you hate to think it, but if you have a problem are they ones you are going to want to deal with? In the end you may spend a little more than you were planning but you'll be happier with your decision.

Hope that helps. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts