Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which billet hood hinges are good for 2nd generations? I bought replacement stock type and they don’t work well. Been fighting with it all afternoon. So I’m biting the bullet and getting billet ones. Which are good and which ones stay away from?
Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
1963 Nova SS and 1965 Nova
460 Posts
Well if your factory ones don't work because of an adjustment problem or alignment issue billet pieces probably won't fix the issue. However, Eddie Motorsports are what a lot of folks around me have on their Novas and I've only heard good things about them.

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Thanks guys. It seems that my hinges are really sticky and hard to close all the way. I tried greasing and oiling and it still isn’t how it supposed to be. Any ideas? It seems like the springs are super strong. Do the springs go on only one way?
I’m dumbfounded with this. Any help would be much appreciated. I like the looks ofthe billet hinges but man they are expensive!
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you need to make any modifications to any places in the engine compartment for a 2nd Gen? I’ve read online that some guys had to make some notches, etc.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called both Ring Brothers and Eddie’s. Eddie’s said 2 to 4 weeks to make. Ring Brothers had them in stock and offered me 10% off for new customer. Awesome. Sending them out today.

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
287 Posts
Do you need to make any modifications to any places in the engine compartment for a 2nd Gen? I’ve read online that some guys had to make some notches, etc.
Thanks,
Rob
Rob - no modifications are required for Ring Bros hood hinges on a Second Gen. You do have to modify the rear wheel tubs by notching the driver side when installing billet trunk hinges, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts