Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think I had a budget of about that with mine, and I blew it by $10k! Good luck tho!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Street car just muscle I like the looks I get in her now. Now I just gotta have the horses to back it. Just in case it ever needs to go down :):D

·
Registered
260 Posts
You should be able to find a nice gmpp crate motor for that budget. Perhaps a zz4?? I just had a 383 built with a forged bottom end and afr heads and I exceeded that budget by a few grand... I haven't done the math, but probably ended up around 7,500 for a complete ground up build.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Not a big fan but nitrous is the best bang for the buck. Build the bottom end for nitrous application. RICK

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Not a big fan but nitrous is the best bang for the buck. Build the bottom end for nitrous application. RICK
Agreed but he probably wants that nice rumpety rump a big loping cam will give him.

I'd look online for someone who's pulled a high HP sbc out of there ride and is looking to sell it. Granted you're taking a chance of not knowing the condition of the motor but $5,000 installed is tough to do when it comes to more speed. Lot's of other stuff like tranny, clutch, rear gears, etc. to consider also.

John

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I'd look online for someone who's pulled a high HP sbc out of there ride and is looking to sell it. Granted you're taking a chance of not knowing the condition of the motor but $5,000 installed is tough to do when it comes to more speed. Lot's of other stuff like tranny, clutch, rear gears, etc. to consider also.

John
This is true!

I don't know (or even want to) about roundy-round racing but I've heard that there are a lot of rather stout small blocks out there for sale cheap, due to rule changes. I'd say this is true due to the amount of small blocks I see for sale on Craigslist and Racing Junk. Many are used but there are many that are new and at awesome prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts