Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok times come for me to put a floor shifter in my column car, 1971 2 door nova, i have a 700r4 transmission and i want a shifter thats great on running through the gears manualy, i like the hurst quarter stick, but i would like opinions on you guys out there that have a 700r4, what is the shifter you guys have used and what do you think is the best, thanks all info is appreciated, IM ALMOST ON THE ROAD!!!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I love the B&M Mega shifter that I have.It's easy to operate and you wont miss a gear when up or down shift.
X2 I've ran a B&M Mega Shifter in three different third gens. It's always worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sounds like the megashifter is popular, im looking for different opinions on others shifters, anybody use the hurst quarter stick with a 700r4?

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Stock console shifter in my 66 seems to work fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
keep the feedback coming, sounds like b&m is the popular shifter, anybody use any of the hurst automatic shifters, trying to get feedback on those too, lol i really like the look of the hurst shifters plus i plan on puttin an aftermarket shifter in a center console from a 69 camaro

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I have a Hurst Pro-Matic in my 63 and like it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im not a fan of the drag style shifters on street cars, i like the quicksilver b/c its a rachet style shifter and instead of having a lever for reverse you just lift the handle...real easy smooth operation. and they look clean to .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts