Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I get the best body panels for my 67 including a cowl hood? Looks like there are a lot of places to buy them but it could be from the same manufacturers. Which are good and which do I stay away from? Thank, Rob

·
Vendor
1,579 Posts
We have had good luck with the OER branded (Classic Industries) 2nd gen steel cowl hood. I posted some pics of one installed a few months back.

Which body panels do you need? Depending on the piece there can be 2 or 3 manufacturers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First for sure the hood. Maybe other parts when I start stripping the paint. Hopefully none! Wishful thinking.

·
Vendor
1,579 Posts
The fenders leave a lot to be desired, so try to save yours. I just had door shell issues reported to me by a customer, the reveal moulding area is too wide. This appears to be a new issues. The full quarters are hit and miss regardless of brand. Floors I never hear complaints about.

Bottom line try to save the original GM metal when it is logical to do so. Also, a lot of the areas that rot are the same across years and / or the same as sedans, so good used patches are not always hard to fine.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I used aftermarket hood,deck lid, passenger side door shell, trunk pan, rear tail piece section,front passenger fender and both quarter skins on my 65. The quarter skins were pretty nice. The hood curvature wasn't great. The trunk pan was good but the door shell was short about a quarter of a inch and the match between the front fender and door was terrible. We welded the end up to get the door gaps close. On my 66 I just procured a original hood and rear window trim. My advise is to find as much original GM metal as you can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use auto metal direct always. Also I always buy it from Summit racing. It is shipped and packaged awesome , Summit is awesome about returns or Damage , and it comes the quickest and by far the cheapest freight. If you use other suppliers plan on stupid freight and return issues. Others suppliers advertise very cheap hoods or other sheet metal parts , the metal is so thin forget about even considering it.
Also I have used all of the metal suppliers and Auto metal direct has the thickest metal by far almost 10 % more metal .
When comparing what my time is worth on my body work , 15 percent savings on sheet metal is not even on my mind .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks Paddy, Im also about to buy a driver door shell and quarter skin. So also looking for the best aftermarket sheet metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts