Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is this guy smoking 95000.00
If it was a yenko or a copo maybe 75k he will never get 95k it's a 40k at best and one thing I noticed in the pictures were little sketchy he made sure not to get the radiator support into the picture a true L78 car the hood latch is off center .too many scam artist on ebay

·
Registered
905 Posts
No, the latch is in the same spot as a small block, but the opening is larger, and there are other small differences. Very nice, but not the best. If that one person with enough money believes he can't live without it, he might get 95k, but I think 40-50 is about right.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That's a really nice car, but definitely not 'the best'!! I'm not going to nit pick it to death, but some of the really obvious things are the white letter tires and the non oblong exhaust tips, blue decal in the door jam, no chrome edges on the fender gills.... However, the biggest issue I see is in the trunk..... :confused:

This car needs one of these:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
This silver car is a late build, so that is perhaps the only explanation for the trunk difference - Schoneye, do you know when they switched the design??

The yellow car is the typical trunk design....

Attachments

·
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is this guy smoking 95000.00
If it was a yenko or a copo maybe 75k he will never get 95k it's a 40k at best.
Remember, it's Barrett-Jackson time in the desert. Everybody selling a car thinks the value just went up 50%:).

Bob

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Beautiful car, over restored and over priced but at least they got the headlight bezels blackout right. I don't see that very often.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
That's a really nice car, but definitely not 'the best'!! I'm not going to nit pick it to death, but some of the really obvious things are the white letter tires and the non oblong exhaust tips, blue decal in the door jam, no chrome edges on the fender gills.... However, the biggest issue I see is in the trunk..... /forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

This car needs one of these:
I grew up close to that dealership in Sioux City Iowa. My dad talked about all the old muscle that came from that place.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeo that's it. I've used many different kinds of aftermarket hoods,(like AMK the best) and never had one fit like that. Something is a miss. :eek:

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I suppose it could be the grille but that is a big gap. I just replaced my hood with an AMD and it fit great.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm not understanding this one. Are you talking about decal placement or something with the sheetmetal?
Nope!!

The edges of the trunk floors changed in '70 whereas they lost that little extra lip at the point where the floor edge meets the wheel house - it was a small extension that helped to cover the drop off cavity opening. If you look close, you'll see where the edge is rounded on the silver car (that's a '70+ design) versus a more continuous edge on the yellow car and the green car....

Many times the trunk floor is rusted as are those side pieces, the repop panels are only '70+ design. So, either the 07C build date is late enough to incorporate the '70+ design, or those side pieces were replaced, or the entire trunk floor was replaced, or.... don't know, we'd have to see it in person to determine.

There are always running changes in these cars, most are incorporated around the midway point of build year of January. However, Schoneye and I know that a very specific seat belt style changed precisely in 06B of '70. So, a trunk floor change in 07C is certainly possible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts